Thanks Susannah for a fun idea to get me started early on a Monday morning at 2.20am. (Well actually I am jet lagged from our mammoth flight home from Houston via London and Copenhagen back to Beijing!! 27 hours on the move)
The 7 Link Challenge originated with Darren Rowse at Problogger and it sounded like a fun idea to try out. I loved discovering new blogs like Sarah's at Global Copywriting, so what started as a quick read of Susannah's latest blog lead me to a treasure chest of blog ideas.
The challenge is to write a post which is a list of 7 links to posts that you and others have written - in response to the suggested 7 categories.
Here we go: 1.Your first post ~ Back in Jan 2010 I had an urge to start a blog but no idea whether I could keep it going and more importantly have anything to say that others would want to read:A Snowy Start
2. A post your enjoyed writing the most.I had fun exploring the world of sheds in The Tiny House Blog when I came across some inspiration for a family joke. My sister claims to want to have a shed retreat at the bottom of our garden so I created her a possible wish list, never imagining sheds would feature in my blog!
3. A post which had a great discussion.Not sure my humble blog has ever had a great discussion but it was my I see a Wolf Moon Rising that really got a good response back in January - maybe because I was really excited about discovering such a phenomena.
4. A post on someone else's blog that you wish you'd written.I hope I am allowed two here because Beth always inspires me with her photos and writing on Be Yourself, Everyone else is taken. The blog that inspired me to begin was Red, Red Completely Red- from my inspirational daughter. Thanks Astrid for helping me along the way.
5. Your most helpful post.I hope it was helpful - that was the intention when I described how to start a 365 Flickr group amongst your friends in 365 - the month of May. It is one of the best things I did this year as it has kept me connected with friends and family round the world, given me more laughs that any comedy programme, improved my photographic skills 1000% and taken my love of my iPhone to new levels of passion.
6. A post with a title that you are proud of.Snow time like the present -partly because I just love my dog 's face in these photos.
7. A post that you wish more people had read.Has to be my *Lucky Stars* post, simply because I do believe we can change our luck and it would be nice to help everyone bring more luck into their lives.
Hope you will write your 7 link challenge post now and link it in the comments below so we can enjoy yours too.
It would be fabulous if this post of mine had so many comments it would be next year's 'best discussion' link.
Sorry I have been in holiday mode for the last couple of weeks.
Now here in Texas sharing the delight of our first grandchild- Matilda.
Born on June 29th weighing 9lb 1oz (4kg) - she is just beautiful .
Just like the saying goes Tuesday's child is full of grace - she is too.
Astrid and Justin are loving every second of being parents.
Tilly loves snuggling on her Winganna fleece in the Moses basket I used for all 3 of our children and now being used for the next generation. Read more about it on Astrid's blog .