Friday 28 May 2010

Organisation -Is it a state of mind?


This guy was zipping past me the other day in Beijing.
It never ceases to amaze me 
that loads in China
are ALWAYS neat.
It doesn't matter if it is a migrant worker
with recycled cardboard piled high on his bike

Or a huge truck with steel cables
There is always order to the stack.

And this is in a country 
where no one thinks anything about spitting, 
tossing away litter and dumping black garbage sacks everywhere.

~~~~~

Me?
Well I never drop litter (knowingly) or spit
But my creative work room is often
a complete mess 
And I can leave clothes on the floor 
and unwashed cups on the table
and papers everywhere.

~~~~~

Seems like organisation is a state of mind 
and different states 
see it differently.

I love China's organised stacking
and wish it came naturally to me!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, I love the photo of your work room! I bet all those fabrics would make for a very colourful load on the back of a blue truck!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Quick Linker