Tuesday 15 June 2010

* Thank your lucky stars *

"I've found that luck is quite predictable. If you want more luck, take more chances, be more active. Show up more often." ~ Brian Tracy
Who doesn't want to feel lucky today?


When I read this quote in my daily email from charity focus.org I got me thinking about luck.


I never seem to win at raffle draws but I do think I'm lucky. So ... does it depend on how you view luck, or is it just down to taking more chances?


Well, when I say I don't win at raffle draws that is not quite true - I circumvented my low track record of wins by cheating fate recently.
This year at the school spring fair I wrote 'Rufus' on all my raffle tickets (Rufus is my wheaten terrier). You had to be there to see the surprise on people's faces when his name was read out. In total, Rufus won 3 prizes for me - including a 2 night stay at Novotel in downtown Beijing, 288 KitKat chocolate bars and 1000 rmb ($160) of IKEA products.

I am 100% certain my name would not have been so lucky. 
I am also sure that next year Rufus would not be lucky.


I wanted to read more about luck and found this article has some fascinating ideas.


In a nutshell :
Lucky people often follow their intuition
Lucky people like to introduce variety in how they do things.
Lucky people can see the good in their misfortunes - things could have been much worse.


What is amazing is that the researcher, Richard Wiseman, found that when 'unlucky' people were encouraged to act as a lucky person would, they too became luckier (as well as happier and more contented).


So if you want to join Rufus and his KitKat's you could take a few minutes 
to read the article and generate some good fortune for yourself.

Let me know if you get lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Quick Linker